Santa Monica, CA Real Estate & Homes for Sale
Welcome to your trusted local resource for Santa Monica homes and real estate for sale. Santa Monica is a coastal beach town, and while it is often associated with Los Angeles, Santa Monica is its own town that boasts a large range of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Often a hotspot for tourism, the streets and beaches are often buzzing. Home to famous destinations such as the Santa Monica Pier where you can enjoy an amusement park, aquarium, and more. Santa Monica is an ideal place to call home if you’re hoping to live a vacation-like lifestyle. And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Santa Monica listings come on the market that matches your specific criteria.
Jump To: About Santa Monica | Santa Monica Neighborhoods | Santa Monica Real Estate Agents
- Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Condos
- Santa Monica Luxury Condos & Townhomes
- Santa Monica Luxury Homes
- Santa Monica New Construction
- Santa Monica New Construction Condos & Townhomes
- Santa Monica Ocean View
- Santa Monica Ocean View Condos & Townhomes
- Santa Monica Oceanfront Homes
- Santa Monica Single Family Homes
- Santa Monica Townhomes
Well maintained home, new roof! Amazing bonuses...
Top Neighborhoods in Santa Monica
- Downtown – is located between Colorado Ave & Wilshire and the beach & 14th St, the downtown area is the densest part of the city and offers an amazing variety of shopping, dining, & entertainment options... all in a very walkable area.
- Mid-City - begins at 14th St & goes to Centinela and from Wilshire Blvd to Colorado Ave. The portion of this area that is east of 26th St is known as the College Streets, as all those streets are named after various colleges.
- North of Montana – stretches from Montana Ave northwest to the edge of Santa Monica Canyon & from the beach to 26th St. Along Montana Ave, you will find boutique shops and great dining options. The 90402 zip code is currently ranked as the 3rd most expensive zip code for home prices in the US. The most exclusive portion of this neighborhood is known as Gillette Regent Square and is extremely desirable due to its extra-large lots. Gillette Regent Square goes from 17th St to 21st Pl & Montana Ave to San Vicente Blvd.
- Northeast – starts at Wilshire Blvd to Montana Ave & 21st St to Centinela Ave. The area contains a good amount of single-family homes and the homes on Franklin Hill can have some great city lights and distant ocean views. Franklin Hill includes Franklin & Berkeley Streets between Lipton Ave & Montana Ave.
- Ocean Park – goes from the beach to Lincoln Blvd and from Pico Blvd down to the border Santa Monica shares with Venice. The area has easy beach access as it is the only beach neighborhood of Santa Monica that has flat access to the beach and no cliff along this section of the coast. The area is a mix of homes, condos/townhomes, & apartments. Main Street offers numerous restaurants, shops, coffee spots, & more.
- Pico District – is the corridor along the 10 freeway that runs from Lincoln Blvd to Centinela Ave & Olympic to Pico. Due to many properties in this area being quite close to the freeway, prices tend to be a bit lower.
- Sunset Park – runs from Lincoln Blvd to Centinela Ave & from Pico to Dewey St. Sunset Park contains a good number of single-family homes with a few condos/townhomes & apartments mixed in.
- Wilshire Montana – runs from Wilshire Blvd to Montana Ave & the beach to 21st St. This neighborhood is one of the most exclusive neighborhoods for condos/townhomes and also contains a mix of apartments & a few single-family homes.
More About Santa Monica
Santa Monica California is a small, independent city on the Westside of Los Angeles that borders the Pacific Ocean. Located on Santa Monica Bay, it is surrounded by the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Pacific Palisades to the northwest, Brentwood to the northeast, West Los Angeles to the east, Mar Vista to the southeast, & Venice to the south. As of 2022, the population of Santa Monica was 93,744, and covers a total area of 8.4 square miles.
The Santa Monica Pier is easily the most recognized spot for entertainment within the city and it’s easy to see why, from a roller coaster atop the pier, fishing, street performers, dining, shopping, and near limitless fun and events, the pier is easily a favorite for both locals and tourists. The fun doesn’t end there, while the sandy shores below provide a great place to enjoy a day soaking in the sunshine, building a sandcastle, or catching a wave, there is so much more to explore in the city than just the coast.
Main Street offers a handful of different shops, restaurants, and bars, whereas Downtown Santa Monica is home to many tech startups. Just to the north of Downtown, you can enjoy upscale shopping, from boutiques to name-brand stores, the outdoor mall along Montana Avenue provides ample shopping and entertainment options. It isn’t uncommon to stumble upon live music, creating a whimsical and relaxing ambiance as you stroll the streets under the palm trees.
Santa Monica Real Estate
As with many major cities, Santa Monica is home to a large range of housing styles. Stunning Victorian and Craftsman homes can be found nestled off the coast, with many boasting views of the water. Smaller apartment buildings, as well as larger and luxury condominiums, can also be found throughout the city in addition to single-family homes, many of which date back to the early 1900s that have since been renovated while keeping their original charm and character intact.
Weather in Santa Monica
- 281 days of sunshine
- Jan Temp 50 to 64 F
- Apr Temp 54 to 63 F
- Jul Temp 62 to 69 F
- Oct Temp 59 to 70 F
- Annual Precipitation 13.23 inches
What to do in Santa Monica
- Santa Monica is known for its wide beaches with stunning views of the Santa Monica Mountains to the northwest and Palos Verdes Peninsula to the southeast. On a clear day, you will even see Catalina Island. Some of the most popular beach activities include biking, rollerblading, or skateboarding along the Marvin Braude beach bike path, beach volleyball, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, picnicking, & just relaxing and getting some sun.
- There are over 120 galleries, public art installations, & museums located in Santa Monica. Bergamot Station offers one of the largest concentrations of art on the Westside as it features more than 40 galleries situated in rehabbed warehouses on the former site of a historic trolley depot.
- The most recognized landmark in Santa Monica is the Pacific Park amusement pier with its brightly lit Ferris wheel.
- Some of the extremely popular hotels in Santa Monica are those located directly on the beach, including Shutters & Casa del Mar. And just ½ block from the sand, you will find Loews & JW Marriott.
- The primary shopping areas in Santa Monica include 3rd St Promenade, Santa Monica Place, Downtown Santa Monica, Montana Ave, & Main St.
Popular Companies Near Santa Monica
The top 10 employers in Santa Monica as of 2019 include (in order starting with the largest first):
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center, UCLA Medical Center - Santa Monica
- City of Santa Monica, Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District
- Santa Monica College
- Snap Inc
- Rand Corporation
- Lionsgate Entertainment
Best Schools in Santa Monica
The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District is headquartered in Santa Monica and serves the coastal communities of Santa Monica and Malibu. Santa Monica is known for having great public & private schools.
Noteworthy Parks in Santa Monica
Santa Monica has a total of 32 public parks located throughout the city. They vary from Annenberg Community Beach House to Chess Park to family-friendly Douglas Park and so many more! The park system offers something for people of all ages.
Transportation Options in Santa Monica
- Walking - Santa Monica is one of the most walkable cities in Los Angeles County, with an average walk score of 83! The most walkable Santa Monica neighborhoods are Ocean Park, Mid-City, and Downtown.
- Biking – The bike score comes in at an incredible 88!
- Transit – Public transportation options include light rail & bus. Santa Monica’s transit score is 60.
Historical Information About Santa Monica
- The first home lots in Santa Monica were sold on July 15, 1875.
- Santa Monica was first incorporated in 1886 and has been a well-known resort town since the early 20th Century.
- The avenues are all named after western states & the streets are numbered.
- The 3,000-seat Santa Monica Civic Auditorium was the host site of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science's annual Oscar awards from 1961 to 1968.
- Santa Monica is part of Silicon Beach, and its tech & startup scene has thrived since 2007!
Santa Monica Real Estate Agents
In this competitive market, it’s important to stay on top of the newest listings & to alert us on anything you would like to see. If you would like more information on any of these Santa Monica homes for sale, just request information on the listing details page of the property. We can provide you with information that’s not available to the public, including disclosures, past sales history, sales dates, prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven’t already, be sure to register for our website so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Santa Monica and Marina del Rey homes for sale come on the market.
J.D. Songstad of MrWestside Real Estate & RE/MAX Estate Properties has specialized in real estate in Santa Monica & the surrounding areas since 1999! Whether you have a home to sell or plan to purchase a home, we would be happy to assist. Call us today at 310-571-3441 or email us here.
- Bel Air
- Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Post Office
- Century City
- Cheviot Hills
- Culver City
- Eastern Malibu
- Holmby Hills
- Malibu Beach
- Mar Vista
- Marina del Rey
- Pacific Palisades
- Playa del Rey
- Playa Vista
- Rancho Park
- Santa Monica
- West Los Angeles
- Westside Los Angeles
Contact Your Santa Monica Realtor®
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "JD SONGSTAD aka Mr Westside assisted us in buying property in Santa Monica. He is a highly experienced, knowledgeable, reliable real estate broker. And he has integrity. He once advised us to walk away from a deal in the middle of negotiations because he didn’t like the way we were being treated." -Susan on Google
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"A big thank you to J.D.! This was our third transaction with J.D. (as a seller and a buyer), and on each occasion he has gone above and beyond to ensure we've found the right home. His expertise, insights and experience are so valuable, especially in making our moves a seamless process. I fully recommend J.D.!" -James C. on Google
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "JD was wonderful to work with. He patiently guided me through the market after I moved to the area and helped me find and buy my place in Santa Monica --- my perfect North of Wilshire cottage-like condo where I loved living for 6 years. Then later when I left the area I could think of no one better to help my sell my place. JD handled everything beautifully and his marketing skills helped me get top dollar. I was buying a new place elsewhere and the contrast between JD and the buyers broker I had was dramatic. He has spoiled me for what working with a realtor can be." -Patricia H. on Google
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐"We used J.D. Songstad, MrWestside Real Estate to look for a single-family home and it was a wonderful experience. He was recommended to us by a friend and he exceeded our expectations. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. This was our first house purchase and J.D. was always available to answer questions and explain anything we did not understand. He utilized his experience in the business to recommend when we should put in an offer and in being proactive we secured the home. We will definitely use J.D. for any future purchases and highly recommend him to family and friends." - Luann M.