Maximize ROI (Return On Investment) When Selling Your Home
IF YOUR HOME IS IN NEED OF SOME IMPROVEMENTS BEFORE YOU SELL, IT’S GENERALLY BEST TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO THE HOME PRIOR TO PUTTING IT ON THE MARKET (UNLESS THE HOME IS A TEAR-DOWN, IS LOCATED IN AN ESPECIALLY DESIRABLE LOCATION, OR HAS AN EXCEPTIONALLY LARGE LOT)
- If you don’t get the home in showing condition prior to putting it on the market, it will likely be targeted by investors who are looking to get the property for a greatly discounted price.
- The buyers who are willing to pay a fair price for your home are those who plan to make the home their own and will likely plan to stay in the property for many years. The more wow factor & the fewer flaws the home has will result in you getting the best possible price for your home.
Here are some of the top improvements that will give you the greatest ROI (return on investment):
- Carpet & paint are some of the most inexpensive improvements you can make that have a significant impact on the appeal of the home.
- Refinishing hardwood floors often average a 103% return.
- Making exterior & landscaping enhancements to boost the curb appeal.
- Updating the kitchen & bathrooms.
- Taking care of any existing termite, fireplace, mold, or other issues with the major systems of the home is extremely important because the more issues a buyer finds wrong with a home, the harder they tend to look for additional problems.
- Staging - this is essential to help a buyer feel at home & help them understand how to best use the space.